Effective Date: 1st June 2019
Last Modified: 30th June 2020
Preg-Tech Communications complies with the Data Protection and Privacy Act 2019 of Uganda on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
4. Questions and concerns
If you have any questions or concerns, or if you wish to access, update, amend, correct or delete, any of your Personal Data we store and process in a format other than that supported by the service, please contact us at email@example.com (or reach our offices at Plot 15, Lugogo By-pass, Kampala, Uganda)
5. What information we collect
- Provided data
- The purpose of gathering and processing Personal Data and other information by Preg-Tech Communications is:
- to provide, maintain and facilitate the Services as well as to ensure safe and guaranteed Service performance, upgrade and improve the functionality of the Services,
- to provide Customer with access to its Personal Data and maintain this access via standard API methods for the duration of paid usage of Services (active subscription) as well as after the subscription is expired (inactive subscription), until the Service is fully terminated by a written request (in accordance with the Agreement),
- to secure (establish, investigate or defend) Customer’s, as well as Company’s claims that may arise due to the Services,
- to stay connected with the Customer to present an up-to-date offer of Services and instructions or tips related to the Service.
- Personal Data and other Customers’ information collected by Preg-Tech Communications is used in order to complete registration (create an Account/License) and at the same time to ensure Customers’ access to Preg-Tech Communications ’s Services. While registering on one of our websites related to our Services (https://www.preg-tech.com), we request that you provide us with such information as first name, last name, company name, address, website address, e-mail address and credit/payment card information in the event when a Customer continues to use our Services after free of charge trial period. Unless the Customer decides to use our Services after a free trial period, credit/payment card information is not required. We also collect other information (including Personal Data) provided by the Customer while using our Services. When contacting Preg-Tech Communications the Customer may be requested to render accessible analogical data to those provided while registering on our website. Please note that as you insert data (including Personal Data) through the Service to the system, you are fully responsible for lawfully obtaining such data in accordance with the applicable law, as well as a lawful processing of such data to Preg-Tech Communications Details of your liability for the aforementioned data you can find in Terms and Conditions.
- Personal Data provided in connection with the correspondence between the Customer or Visitor and Preg-Tech Communications shall be used strictly to reply to inquiries or to transfer information. We use the information you provide us (including Personal Data) in order to provide you with customer service, allowing you to view moves made by you or your Agents. When using our Services, we may collect device information such as device type, operating system type and application version. We use this information in order to provide an optimized version of our applications for your device type. We use such data for statistics purposes. We may use it also to improve our Services or to create and improve new services. We collect and process such data collectively and anonymously.
- Types of Personal Data. The Personal Data processed by the Company includes email address, first name and last name, address, contact details, username, chat history, financial information (credit card details, account details, payment information) and other data in an electronic form provided to the system in the context of the Services.
- Consent for processing and transferring Personal Data. The Customer hereby agrees and warrants that the processing, including the transfer of its Personal Data (including the Personal Data provided to the Company’s system through the Customer’s Account), has been and will continue to be carried out in accordance with the relevant provisions of the applicable Data Protection Laws.
- Return or destruction of Personal Data. At Customer’s election, made by written request to the Company, the Company will
- return a complete copy of all Customers Personal Data to the Customer,
- or delete and initiate the deletion of the Customers Personal Data Processed by the Company. The Company will comply with such a written request within 30 days, unless it is unworkable due to the purposes of processing or due to technical issues.
- Retention of Copies. The Company may retain Personal Data to the extent required by applicable law and only to the extent and for such period as required by such laws and always provided that the Company shall ensure the confidentiality of all such Customer Personal Data and shall ensure that such Personal Data is only processed as necessary for the purpose(s) specified in such law requiring its storage and for no other purpose. The Customer agrees that after the termination or expiration of the Agreement its data may be stored as a backup for the time needed to secure (establish, investigate or defend) Customer’s and Company’s claims that may arise due to the performance of the Services (for the time it takes for the claims to be barred).
- Communication. We will occasionally send you email notifications in order to make you aware of any outages of Service that maybe beyond control of Preg-Tech Communications. We will also send you notifications related to some important updates of our Services. The purpose of sending you such emails or messages is to keep you informed of the latest improvements, features and other developments. From time to time in specific situations, we may also send you some other messages, notifications or text messages.
6. Data Disclosure
- Preg-Tech Communication’s main purpose of gathering Personal Data and other information is to maintain Services, ensure safe and guaranteed Services performance for its Customers, upgrade and improve functionality of its Services. Owing to the above process we exceed our Customers’ expectations; we provide a constant development of our Services the use of which becomes much easier and more convenient. In order to ensure orderly and safety functioning of our Services we cooperate and use software of other entities providing services (described below). We do not sell or lease your Personal Data to any third party. We will never share, sell, rent or trade your registration and Personal Information with any marketing or promotional partners without your consent. The following are exceptions, with respect to whom we may share your Personal Data:
- Preg-Tech Communications reserves the right to disclose Personal Data to any of its parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor company.
- Credit/payment card data provided by the Customer are disclosed solely to professional companies that conduct non-cash transactions and only to the extent necessary to affect the payments. Except for the above situations Preg-Tech Communications shall not disclose any information or personal data provided by Customer.
- Personal Data and other information provided by Customer shall not be disclosed to third parties unless the obligation to disclose the information to third parties results from the currently effective provisions of law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or if it is necessary for the Preg-Tech Communication’s security and the protection of its rights, including the protection against the claims submitted by the third parties. The provided Customer’s information (including Personal Data) may be utilized in the event of breach of Terms and Conditions for the use of Services, misuse of funds, the necessity to take action against all Customer’s unlawful actions. Preg-Tech Communications shall transfer no information or Personal Data to any third parties for marketing purposes. Preg-Tech Communications reserves the right to use the provided Personal Data for the marketing purposes and other purposes connected with presenting an up-to-date offer of Services and instructions or tips related to Services in direct contacts with the Customer.
We guarantee that we take reasonable and appropriate technical and operational measures to protect your Personal Data we collect and hold them from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. While processing Personal Data we take into due account the risk involved in the processing and the nature of the Personal Data.
8. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
Preg-Tech Communications will only collect and retain Personal Data which is relevant to the purposes for which the Personal Data is collected, and will not use it in a way that is incompatible with such purposes unless such use has been subsequently authorized by the Customer. Preg-Tech Communications will take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current. We may occasionally contact you to determine that your Personal Data is still accurate and current.
9. Recourse, Enforcement and Liability
From time-to-time, we may provide you with the opportunity to participate in a survey within our applications or via email. If you participate, we may require your name, last name, email address or other data. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and you, therefore, have a choice whether or not to disclose this information.
11. Personal Data protection
Preg-Tech Communications applies technical safety measures of the highest standards to protect the provided Personal Data against loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure. The used measures and technology ensure complete safety of the Personal Data provided by the Customer or other data subject. The Personal Data is available solely to the Customer or to a person indicated by the Customer and provided that authorized access has been granted to such person. The Customer controls who is allowed to access. Preg-Tech Communications follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Data both during transmission and once received by the Company. No method of data transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, absolute security cannot be guaranteed. No data transmission via the Internet, however, can guarantee 100% safety. However, Preg-Tech Communications takes all necessary steps and measures to update and modernize its data protection system. Preg-Tech Communications shall not take any liability in the unfortunate case where our security systems are breached and client data is compromised.
13. Data gathering entity
Conducting its activity, under the business name of Preg-Tech Communications with its office Plot 15 Lugogo By-pass Kampala, Uganda shall be the entity gathering Personal Data and other information.
We may post Customers’ testimonials on our websites which may contain Personal Data. We use the ‘Twitter social plugin’ to display our Customers’ comments on our websites. In any other scenario, we do obtain the Customer’s consent prior to posting the testimonial to post their names along with their testimonials.
15. Link to Other Sites